The YMCA offers private lessons to those who would prefer 1-on-1 instruction. Lesson dates and times are set up by the instructor and are 1/2 hour long. Participants can purchase as many sessions as they want. Private lessons are set up by availability of instructors. A waiting list usually exists and you are contacted as soon as possible. Private Lessons are for all ages - Youth and Adults.
YMCA Member: $15.00 per 1/2 hour lesson
NON Member: $30.00 per 1/2 hour
To make the health and safety of our participants and staff our number one priority.
• Lifeguards are responsible for the safety of the pool, enforce rules and respond to emergencies. All lifeguard decisions are final.
• Parents or guardians are responsible for supervising their children.
• There is NO food or drink allowed in the pool area. Please keep food and drinks in the lobby area.
• Water in plastic water bottles is permitted.
• Profanity is not tolerated.
• No glass, gum, tobacco, alcohol or coolers.
• No street shoes allowed in the pool.
• All swimming patrons entering the water MUST be wearing a swim suit.
• Diving in specified areas only.
• No running or rough play in the hallways, shower rooms, or pool area.
• No water guns.
• Tight-fitting PLASTIC PANTS are REQUIRED on all children age 2 and under.
• Children under the age of 7 MUST have someone 13 years old or older within arms reach of them at ALL TIMES.
• Please do not leave personal belongings in the pool area. Please put in a locker in the locker room area.
• Shower before entering the pool area.
• Only soft toys are allowed in the pool area.
• Never distract the lifeguards unless assistance is needed.
• Swimmers must be at least 16 years old to use lap swim equipment. (ex. Fins, kickboards, etc.)
• Lifeguards do not replace parental supervision.
• Lifeguard decisions are final!
Copyright 2014 CHARLES CITY FAMILY YMCA - 800 Hulin Street, Charles City, IA 50616 - 641 228 2254 - firstname.lastname@example.org